Brown bin collections will resume on Stradbroke on Monday 18th May. See below a communique for MSDC which has further information.
As you’ll know, we had to pause our garden waste collections in March, in order to protect and prioritise essential general rubbish, clinical waste and recycling collections, with all information readily available on our website.
Today, we announced we will re-start these collections following the normal schedule from Monday 11 May for those in ‘area 2’ and Monday 18 May for those in ‘area 1’.
Please do share the press release, as well as retweet and share posts we put up on our Twitter and Facebook accounts on your own channels.
You can find below the important information you need to support our residents:
- Residents should double check their collection day and or area on our website first, and make sure their bin is out on the right day at 6:30am
- Only the bin(s) should be put out for collection – residents should not overfill them and must be able to close the lid.
- Any additional waste should be emptied into their bin(s) over several collections, or temporarily stored as we will only be collecting the bins.
- We continue to encourage residents to keep composting, as well as reduce their waste to ease pressure on services. Composting offers can be found on the Suffolk Recycling website.
- No residents will be out of pocket from the stoppage – no new invoices have been issued since the collections were forced to stop and subscriptions will be amended to reflect the missed collections with more details on our website.
- To prioritise collections of missed garden waste bins, we are currently not accepting new subscriptions until further notice.
- Residents should check for any unplanned delays on the councils website first, before reporting a missed bin or calling customer services, to help reduce pressure on services at this time.
Please do encourage residents to share information (safely of course) with neighbours and friends. We’ve also attached a letter template which you can share to help spread the word about changes wherever you can.
Should you have further queries, please refer to the full story on our website.
Thank you in advance for your continued support for all our crews, services and residents.